KEAM 2019 – The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala (CEE) has released the application form of KEAM 2019 on February 3. The last date to submit the application forms is February 28 (5 pm). Before filling the KEAM application form, it is mandatory for candidates to check whether they comply with the exam eligibility norms as prescribed by CEE. The prospectus of KEAM 2019 has also been released on February 2. As per the official website of CEE, the exam is scheduled to be held on April 22 and April 23, in offline mode..Apply Online How to Apply? Prospectus
KEAM 2019 EXAM DAY GUIDELINES
Candidates appearing for KEAM 2019 are recommended to follow the below-mentioned exam day guidelines to avoid any last minute hassle:
What to carry on Exam Day?
- Since KEAM 2019 is conducted annually in pen and paper mode. Candidates will be given a sheet for any rough work that they do. Make sure to carry your own stationery to the exam hall for rough work.
- KEAM admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam centre on the day of the test. It may be noted that a candidate without a valid admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Candidates must also carry an original photo ID proof for verification. An ID proof can be any document containing a candidate’s name and photo like PAN card, Aadhaar card, voter ID card, passport, etc.
What not to carry on Exam Day?
- KEAM aspirants are not allowed to carry any textual material or things like calculator, electronics watch, slide rule, log table, mobile phone, and pager inside the exam hall.
KEAM EXAM PATTERN
- Mode: The examination will be conducted in pen & paper based mode.
- No. of papers: The exam will be held in two papers.
- Duration: Total duration is 5 hours, i.e. two and half hour for each paper.
- Types of question: The question paper will be consist of objective type questions.
- No. of questions: Each paper will contain 120 Questions.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for the correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Time|
|Paper I||Chemistry & Physics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
|Paper II||Mathematics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
Note: Candidates applying for admission to B.Pharm Course will have to write Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
The Syllabus will have various topics from subjects like physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects. The standard of the examination will be of 10+2 or equivalent exam. Students should prepare from the above-mentioned topics for the exam. Candidates are suggested that questions are not based on NCERT textbook and any other textbook.
COLLEGES ACCEPTING KEAM SCORE 2019
Following are the colleges that accept KEAM score for admission to the BTech courses
|Colleges accepting KEAM scores|
|Government Engineering College, Painavu, Idukki||College of Engineering, Adoor, Pathanamthitta|
|Government Engineering College, Kozhikode||College of Engineering, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Government College of Engineering, Kannur||College of Engineering, Pallippuram, Cherthala, Alappuzha|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Pampady, Kottayam||College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam|
|Government Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad||College of Engineering, Chengannur, Alappuzha|
|Government Engineering College, Thrissur||College of Engineering, Karunagappally, Kollam|
|Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram||Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara, Ernakulam|
|College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram||College of Engineering, Poonjar, Kottayam|
|Govt. Engineering College, Mananthavady, Wayanad||College of Engineering, Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta|
KEAM ELIGIBILITY 2019
The Commissioner for Entrance Exams (CEE) has set various parameters for candidates applying for the state level common entrance test. The eligibility criteria for KEAM require candidates to follow and comply with the norms as prescribed by CEE. Failing to comply with the same, candidates will not be allowed to appear for KEAM 2019 exam.
The eligibility criteria for KEAM 2019 will be based on the following parameters namely age, KEAM streamwise eligibility, and nationality & KEAM native criteria. The minimum eligibility criteria to appear for KEAM states that a candidate needs to possess a valid pass certificate in class XII examination.
However, OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) and PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) candidates will also be considered Indian citizens and can apply.
1. AGE REQUIREMENT
Only those candidates are eligible to appear for this entrance exam who have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December 2019. Candidates shall not be awarded any relaxation in the minimum age requirement. There is no upper age limit for KEAM 2019.
Out of the total seats available for admissions in various courses through this entrance exam, some seats will be reserved for different categories.
2. EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
The educational qualification for KEAM 2019 will be different for various engineering programs offered. However, the minimum eligibility criteria for states that a candidate should have passed class XII with science subjects.
Check the course wise KEAM eligibility criteria below:
2.1 Qualification for engineering courses
Candidates are eligible to apply for programmes like BTech (Ag Engg) and BTech (Food Engg) and BTech (Dairy Science & Technology) if they fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
- Must have cleared the HSC exam of Kerala or equivalent from a recognised board.
- Must have secured a minimum 50% marks in Mathematics as well as 50 % marks in aggregate in Physics and Chemistry
However, candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
- In case, a candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered.
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered.
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered.
The marks as shown in the mark list of the Board of Examination obtained from the respective Higher Secondary Board shall be considered for academic eligibility.
2.2 Qualification for BTech (DSc & Tech)
Candidates are eligible to apply under this category if they have:
- Passed HSC exam of Kerala or its equivalent with 50 % marks in Mathematics or Biology
- Secured an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology
Such candidates will need to pursue a make-up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
2.3 Relaxation in marks
- Candidates belonging to socially and economically backward classes have a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination.
- ]They only need 45% marks in Mathematics/ Biology and 45% marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry put together.
4. KEAM NATIVITY
Only India citizens are eligible to apply for KEAM. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders shall be treated at par with Indian citizens for the purpose of admission. However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
Indian citizens will further be classified as Keralites and Non-Keralites on the following basis:
4.1 Nativity for Keralite
KEAM 2019 eligibility criteria state that candidates who are of Kerala origin shall be categorised as a Keralite for the purpose of admission.
Here, candidates whose parents are All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre also fall in this category. However, such candidates should produce a certificate from the competent authority showing that their parent/parents are AIS officer allotted to Kerala cadre.
But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
4.2 Nativity for Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)
A candidate who is not from Kerala origin but fulfils any one of the below-mentioned eligibility criteria will be categorised as ‘Non-Keralite Category I’:
- Has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of five years within the period of 12 years of study and is a non-Keralite.
- Studied in Kerala from Class VIII to XII and is not of Kerala Origin
- Studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non- Keralites belonging to the Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- Has studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non- Keralites serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years including the period of study of the qualifying exam)
4.3 Nativity for Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II)
KEAM eligibility criteria further state that candidates who are not from the ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non- Keralite Category-I’ shall be considered as ‘Non-Keralite Category-II’.
Candidates falling under NK II category can only apply to the ‘State Merit’ seats which are on offer at the Private Self-financing Engineering Colleges in Kerala or the “Management Quota” seats available in Self-financing Engineering institutions under Government control.
5. DOCUMENTS TO PROVE NATIVITY FOR KEAM 2019
Candidates will be required produce valid documents in order to prove their nativity as a Kerala resident. The documents have to be submitted at the time of KEAM counselling process.
Find the below list of documents required to prove nativity for KEAM 2019:
Candidates will have to submit the following documents in order to prove that they are a native of Kerala.
- A copy of SSLC certificate
- A copy of SSLC certificate of either of the parents
- A copy of the Passport of the candidate or either of his/her parents
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Certificate from Village Officer/Tehsildar
- Certificate from competent authority showing either of the parents is an All India Service Officer
5.2 Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)
Candidates will have to submit the following documents in order to prove that they belong to Non-Keralite Category I (NK I).
- Certificate from the Head of Organisation where the parents of the candidate is/are working, and a Certificate from the Head of the Institution where the candidate is studying.
- Certificate from the Village Officer showing that the candidate is a resident of Kerala for a period of 5 years.
- Certificate from the Head of the Institution showing that the candidate has undergone schooling from VIII to XII.
5.3 Non-Keralite Category II (NK II)
Candidates will have to bring “Certificate of Completion of Qualifying examination “in order to prove that they belong to the following category and also a copy of Passport.
IMPORTANT DATES: KEAM 2019
KEAM exam dates 2019 – The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) has released the KEAM 2019 exam date. As per the official website, KEAM 2019 is to be held on April 22 & April 23. The exam will be held across 14 district centres in Kerala and in Mumbai, New Delhi and Dubai. While KEAM application dates are available now, candidates can take a look at the KEAM 2019 exam date for reference.
|Availability of KEAM Application form 2019||February 3, 2019|
|Last date for submission of KEAM Application form||February 28, 2019 (5 pm)|
|Last date for receipt of printout of KEAM Application form along with supporting documents||March 31, 2019|
|Availability of KEAM Admit Card 2019||April 10, 2019|
|KEAM Exam Date 2019 (Engineering Exam)||Paper I – April 22, 2019
Paper II – April 23, 2019
|KEAM Answer Key release date||Fourth week of April 2019|
|Declaration of KEAM Results||on or before May 25, 2019|
|KEAM Counselling date||Fourth week of June 2019|
CEE Kerala has released KEAM application form online on its official website. Candidates can commence with the submission of online application forms from February 3, 2019. The last date for candidates to fill KEAM application form is February 28, 2019.